Re: [Gomp-discuss] Starting libgomp

From: Diego Novillo
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Starting libgomp
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:14:37 -0500

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I haven't a clue as to how to add a new library to GCC. I have a header file
> and .cpp pretty much done for the function stubs, with a makefile. Are you
> suggesting that I integrate this with gcc on my system, and then post a
> patch to gcc-patches?

Yes, exactly.  The best advice I can give you is check how
libstdc++ or libmudflap are organized.  Cut-n-paste their
configury and Makefile harness.  It will be a great way of
starting to learn the workings of GCC.  Unfortunately, I'm not
very familiar with the way target libraries work in GCC.  Posting
to gcc will probably get you the help you want, be it pointers to
documentation or advice from people who have done this in the
past.

> I ws under then impression we were running our own cvs, holding a branch of
> gcc for our purposes.

Yes.  That also means that we should work within GCC's build and
configuration framework.

> Also, given that I *don't* have a copyright assignment for GCC, I'm probably
> *not* approved to submit patches.

Let's get you started with the copyright forms then.  Attached
are the forms and instructions you're supposed to file with the
FSF.