Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 16:59:18 -0400

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 23:25:04 Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> Why can't it simply be renamed back to glob2.

For me it is ok, I am just afraid of people pushing back the faulty commit by
mistake. One thing I can do is put its name back to glob2 but disable all
accounts but the one that people have explicitly stated that they have
noticed the change. That is not so good either, and add administration.

Do you have any idea of how to prevent such problems?

Thank you, have a nice day,

How many people actually commit to this repository? In the off chance that there is someone out there working on globulation 2, with an account to our repository, but who doesn't follow the mailing list, they will get an error when they try to push, because they will be creating a new head. I completely missed this problem because i never pulled from the respitory during a time when it was screwed up. I consider it doubtful and a half that someone exists out there who is not aware of the mix up, who pulled during that period of time and is intending to push changes to globulation 2 code that they have kept local on their computer for a month now.

At this point in time, I think its safe to assume that that won't happen.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.