Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed

From: Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:08:27 -0500

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Bradley Arsenault <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tuesday 06 January 2009 23:25:04 Bradley Arsenault wrote:
>> > Why can't it simply be renamed back to glob2.
>>
>> For me it is ok, I am just afraid of people pushing back the faulty commit
>> by
>> mistake. One thing I can do is put its name back to glob2 but disable all
>> accounts but the one that people have explicitly stated that they have
>> noticed the change. That is not so good either, and add administration.
>>
>> Do you have any idea of how to prevent such problems?

Another solution would be to have separate public developer
repositories (one for each developer) in addition to the "main"
repository. Then, someone, who is appointed as the "maintainer", would
merge all of the agreed-upon changes from the developer's repositories
into the main repository. This sort of control of what goes into the
main repository can even avoid future "bad" commits as what happened
recently.

--
Michael Ploujnikov
http://plouj.com/