Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:03:40 +0100

> That is a nice idea, maybe 1 hour is not necessary, but doing regular
> backups
> is good. I could do it on my server, although the space is far from infinite
> there.

You don't need to backup the repository.
All you need are the revision numbers of the heads.
Then you can clone the first and pull in the others.

You also don't need to store those numbers separately, because "hg log" on the
server has all the information we would need.  We might need a script
to parse it.
But generally "hg strip" should work just fine.

Our main problem was that we wanted to keep the revisions that were pushed as
children to the "bad revision".  Backups won't help you there either.

What we could do:
If we think it is important enough, we should use this hook based
method which Michael mentioned to prevent repushing of unwanted
revisions and their children.
--
Kai Antweiler