Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hg push : permission problem fixed
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 01:47:31 +0100

> Another solution would be to have separate public developer
> repositories (one for each developer) in addition to the "main"
> repository. Then, someone, who is appointed as the "maintainer", would
> merge all of the agreed-upon changes from the developer's repositories
> into the main repository. This sort of control of what goes into the
> main repository can even avoid future "bad" commits as what happened
> recently.

no way. if you have one full time maintainer and hundreds of contributors all
wanting their code in, it is a good idea to discuss single patches and commit
them centralized. we have no big problem with repository pollution yet so we
should keep things as open as possible. on the other hand i want an easy way to
deal with pollution just in case it happens. problem is if bad commits make devs
angry, people will not dare to commit so keep it as smooth as possible no matter
what gets committed.

regards,

leo wandersleb