Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, d

From: Neil Levine
Subject: Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, dear friends...)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:56:26 +0000

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 11:45:59AM +0000, MJ Ray a ecrit:

> > You can never go wrong if you stick to HTML 1.0 :-)
>
> Apart from the fact that it's a PITA to parse for the machine and xhtml has
> been around for (three?) years, after all.  No, good web writing is xhtml
> now, I think.  I believe it at least renders in all browsers commonly used
> today?

Well, I am no web designer but I do know that simples sites are easier
to manage and easier to read. For something like the ASSF, having an
appealing website that is easy to parse for the human brain is a must
as the subject matter may not be captivating enough for those whom we
would like to read it.

I usually find snarfing someone elses structure saves time..

Neil

Neil Levine                             http://www.yoyo.org