Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, d

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, dear friends...)
Date: 19 Feb 2002 11:12:03 +0000

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 10:59, Neil Levine wrote:
> > I find it good.  Adjectives like "terrible" are rather useless in this
> > context aren't they?  Anyway, if you'd like to mail me off-list, preferably
> > with a small screenshot file, I'll see if I can improve things for you in
> > the short term.
>
> I shall be more specific. The text is overlapping and the boxes which
> contain it are merging with each other. Will get a jpg for you
> off-list.

I have just loaded affs.org.uk in Konq 2.2.1, and it does make a mess of
it. I suspect these are absolute positioning bugs in Konqueror - why it
attempts to interpret the stuff it doesn't support I don't know.
(Although, I haven't checked the CSS - maybe it's my bug)

I guess I will have to think up something a little simpler. I was hoping
not to have to resort to a standard three-column box layout boring
boring page, but we'll see...

Cheers,

Alex.