AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, dear

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: AFFS Website (Was: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Once more, unto the constitution, dear friends...)
Date: 19 Feb 2002 09:19:42 +0000

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 09:13, MJ Ray wrote:
> > www.affs.org.uk has had 'stuff' on it since sometime yesterday; whether
> > or not these pages are real or fake I've yet to figure out ;-)
>
> Aha!  Sort of a usability graveyard (I have no CSS in the usual browser),

Text, links, what more do you want? The moon on a stick? :)

Seriously, I am willing to break the old content/presentation rule a
little bit - swap some divs for ps, etc. The site should work on
anything though, it's just going to look boring...

> moan to you were expecting, I think?  Firing up Mozilla displays something
> in black on dark green that I can't read.  Maybe that's more what you
> expected? ;-)

Sounds like the colour registration on your monitor is way out :P

I'll change the palette to some nice pastel shades then... I suppose
that might be better in terms of colour blindness, etc., too.

> Indeed.  However, I think I'm a bad person to suggest what questions are
> frequently asked.  I'd start to break the FAQ up into sections (even if only
> on the one page) very soon, though.

Yep. I'm also intending on anchoring & linking it up.

> OK, what do we want?  News, About, Documents and Contacts are obvious
> top-level sections to me.  What else?

I suppose in a way that we'll find a place for things when we need to
put them up. So, it would kind of be content-driven in that regard: what
I've tried not to do is go around duplicating information that is
elsewhere just to fill the site out - we'll probably fill it out fairly
nicely naturally anyway.

> Validating pages?  tidy is your friend.

tidy is a sawnoff shotgun ;) That said, I did run validate over them, so
they definitely should be pretty close to the spec.

Cheers,

Alex.