Re: [Debian-uk] Re: [Fsfe-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Debian-uk] Re: [Fsfe-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:06:07 +0000

Martin WHEELER wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Richard Smedley wrote:

[snipped text explaining that Linux Format would like to run
community-supporting advertisements]

> > There's no hurry for this one, I'd just like to know if anyone is
> > interested.

> What format do you like your copy in?  PostScript?
> Do you have any problems accepting PS output from Corel Draw; Ventura;
> Gimp?

Hello Martin,

It would probably be best to have a rough copy of the ad in any format
our Macs can cope with (they _usually_ manage with eps, but you might
want to
send a tiff or jpeg as well, just in case) - along with the text and pic(s)
as separate files. We'll put it together ourselves for the different sized
slots we're likely to have.
I'll send the finished product to anyone who wants to see it, in case there's
anything critically wrong with what we produce. However we're extremely
unlikely to have time for minor aesthetic tinkering ;-/

We've taken a copy of the ad at
http://briscoe-smith.org.uk/charles/debian-ad.html
to play with (Thanks Charles - I like the "give it a whirl" slogan),
but would like to hear other opinions.

> > I'm not on the Debian UK Mailing-list, so please cc me if replying there.
(as before)

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley