Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?

From: Charles Briscoe-Smith
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:42:02 +0000

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:35:50PM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This opportunity may well be too early for AFFS, but I'm sure we can prepare
> > something for future issues.  I've a few donated ideas bouncing around for a
> > future ad and will try to execute them some time.
>
> OK, in that case, we need an A4 ad.

There's now an A4 version up at
<http://briscoe-smith.org.uk/charles/debian-ad.html>.

> > I can't see the debian-ad.html, as the server seems to be ignoring me.

It's possible that this could be related to the nifty style sheets I'm
trying out.  You could try with something that ignores style sheets.
Lynx handles it fine, for example.

> Personally, I'd say that should be "Debian GNU/Linux" on the first
> line, and I'm not sure about the "It's all free" bit, should that not
> be something like
>
>   It's all Free Software*

>   * <small>Free as in Free Speech. See
> http://www.debian.org/intro/free</small>

I did the current A4 version based on our phone call, and didn't see
this suggested text until now.  Say if you think I should change it.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith             Hacking Free Software for fun and profit
Governing Law: