Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?

From: Philip Hands
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?
Date: 13 Feb 2002 13:35:50 +0000

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> This opportunity may well be too early for AFFS, but I'm sure we can prepare
> something for future issues.  I've a few donated ideas bouncing around for a
> future ad and will try to execute them some time.

OK, in that case, we need an A4 ad.

> I can't see the debian-ad.html, as the server seems to be ignoring me.

It's a faded (i.e. light pink) Debian swirl on the left, and the
following text running beside it:

=-=-=-

      Tried Debian?

           No?

   Perhaps it's time you
      gave it a whirl.

        Use Debian.
      It's all free.

    www.uk.<large>debian</large>.org

=-=-=-

Personally, I'd say that should be "Debian GNU/Linux" on the first
line, and I'm not sure about the "It's all free" bit, should that not
be something like

  It's all Free Software*

  * <small>Free as in Free Speech. See http://www.debian.org/intro/free</small>

Given that the add is now going to be A$, making the swirl full page,
and putting the text on top would seem to make sense.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Say no to software patents!  http://petition.eurolinux.org/