[Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?

From: Charles Briscoe-Smith
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: [Debian-uk] Copy of a full page Ad?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:46:39 +0000

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 05:39:53PM +0000, Philip Hands wrote:
> Linux User are after an add again (full page this time)
>
> They're still trying to get me to pay for the mark-up, but I said we'd
> rather spend money on hard disks.
>
> Anyway, the copy needs to be done ASAP, to be ready tomorrow.

I'm probably being cynical here, but I suspect they give such short
notice simply to "encourage" us to have them do the artwork.

> An alternative to yet another Debian Ad, might be an AFFS add, so if
> you want to discuss it amongst yourselves (I'm off for the RMS thing
> now so won't be able to do anything till tomorrow.).
>
> Another possibility would be to split the page between Debian and
> AFFS, if you felt like it.
>
> If you're in a position to come up with something for either Ad.  go
> for it, since even if we don't use it tomorrow, we keep getting in
> this position so it would be great not to have to panic about it next
> time.

I know little to nothing about AFFS/FSFE-UK's current state.  I've just
looked them up on Google and have found a mailing list, but no web site.
Before today I'd've said AFFS was a file system.  That probably means
they need the publicity more than Debian does.

I've slapped together a half-page (assuming pages
are A4) Debian advert, which can be found here:
<http://briscoe-smith.org.uk/charles/debian-ad.html>.

I don't know what should go on an AFFS ad, so I haven't done anything
about making one.  If anyone can supply text and/or images, I can try
to put them together in some vaguely artistic manner.

Or, of course, someone else could do it.  Actually, given that I've
been awake all night and thus am likely to be asleep most of Wednesday,
that might be a much better idea.

--
Charles Briscoe-Smith             Hacking Free Software for fun and profit
Governing Law: