Re: [Fsfe-uk] Woo, Linux!

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Woo, Linux!
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:53:06 +0000

Alistair Davidson wrote:

> > Well, a recent Brave GNU World mag listed quite a few games for GNU/Linux.
> > Productivity damage without loss of freedom!
>
> Hehehe, I'm involved in the development of one myself! ;)
>
> For some areas of gaming, Linux is easily up to speed with windows.
> There are a lot of arcade games, and some very high quality RPGs
> (nethack! :)... it's not quite there yet with first-person shooters or
> strategy though (FreeCiv just plain isn't as good as Civilization 2 or
> 3). However, as with most areas where it lags behing, Linux is catching
> up fast. The main problem, finding people to draw pretty pictures, seems
> to be disappearing as the userbase increases.

Alistair - if you (or anyone else) needs any help with a Free Software app
we're running a two page regular feature, called 'Help Wanted' in LXF.
It's for any Free Software project looking for _any_ help - not just
coders, but doc writers, testers, artists et al.

We've also featured the FSF-Europe (issue 24) and the EFF (next issue).

So anyone need help - with Free Software, that is ;-) - contact me off-list

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley
Production Editor, Linux Format