dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:12:30 -0400

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 10:01:19PM -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> CAV v. CLV is a major issue for MO because spacing is different, hence
> why Sony/Philips just created an entirely new designation for it with
[...]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that CAV stands for "Constant
Angular Velocity", and that CLV stands for "Constant Linear Velocity".
Is that correct?  I don't recall ever seeing you define these TLAs,
either in this thread or in the previous thread a few months back.

> It's a long story that I'm going to eventually put into a FAQ, with lots
> of pictures to show not only how DVD-R and DVD+R/RW are physically
> different, but how CAV v. CLV becomes an issue with MO.

I look forward to it.