dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6

From: Bryan J . Smith
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6
Date: 13 May 2005 16:53:41 -0500

From:  Volker Kuhlmann
> I've asked several times now and you keep on ranting but not answering.

I have answered, and yet you do not understand.

> I and someone else have also asked you to define your TLAs,

No one asked me, but one person did mention I did not define them ib this
thread or the last one from months ago.
I might have not done it this thread, but I went into MAJOR DEPTH several
months ago.
I get no less than 3 e-mails a week from people who find that thread in Google
searches.

> which youkeep on failing to do as well.

*1* person mentioned I didn't define my TLAs, and then he did it for me in the
_same_ e-mail.
I had 0 chance to respond, but because he knew exactly what I was talking about,
it was redundant for me since he did so most excellently.

Furthermore, I did it several months back.
We had this discussion before and you still don't get it.
Several people have contacted me off-list and they do!

> Can one take you serious?

Honestly, I stopped caring what people think about me,
because the people who have "problems" with me generally use terms like
"inferior" or phrases like "this should be removed from your distro" because
they are so opinated and stubborn,
they don't stop to check that a program might exist because it _does_ serve a
purpose.

The only people I care about are the list of Fortune 100 companies I have
worked at as a technology architect.
People like yourself pigeon-hole your know based on limited product use,
marketing information and countless assumptioms.
I can only lay out the technical information and hope to God you stop and try
to understand it.

I have been working with MO for over 12 years, and I have seen a lot.
And I've seen a massive difference in the compatibility of DVD consortium and
Sony/Philips mediums prior to your more recent exposure.

l am done trying to get you to understand.
And I will _never_ suggest someone try cdrecord+dvdpatch again while you're on
this list.
Excuse my experience for even bothering!