dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6

From: Bryan J. Smith <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:58:30 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

From: Volker Kuhlmann <address@hidden>
> If dvdrecord doesn't work for you, report a bug to its author if you can
> be bothered, otherwise use a program like growisofs.

Any reason you wouldn't have him try the cdrecord2 + dvdpatch that is
typically _standard_ with most Linux distros over the past 18 months?

[ If this has already been discussed, please excuse since I'm just coming
into the thread. ]

> Dvdrecord is nothing but trouble, generally speaking.

Agreed.  cdrecord2 + dvdpatch is working for everything -R I've thrown at
it _except_ an early, 3rd-gen DVD-RAM/R drive that doesn't do
DVD-RW/CD-R/RW, or stuff with a Sony/Philips +R firmware (even when
doing -R).

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:address@hidden