dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6

From: Volker Kuhlmann
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] unable to write dvd-r with linux kernel 1.6
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:47:00 +1200

> 2) All other formats (+R, +/-RW, -RAM, etc.)

> Older CD/DVD
> players are incapable of reading that format and there are still
> comatibility issues with newer ones.

In practice you can probably expect some compatibility issues for both
DVD+R and DVD-R, just like that pretty much every burner will not
correctly burn some particular media brands which in theory in ought to
do.

> (Q:
> Does growisofs also know how to detect and write to this format, for
> compatibility?

Growisofs burns every DVD format, and has for some time. (I haven't
tried -RAM myself though IIRC you just insert the disk for that and
start copying.) Hence my trouble understanding the fuss about dvdrecord.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is possibly list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/             Please do not CC list postings to me.