Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:03:03 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) > Is byacc available on FreeBSD or is it only known as yacc?
:)
:) address@hidden 230% which byacc yacc bison
:) /usr/bin/byacc
:) /usr/bin/yacc
:) /usr/local/bin/bison
:)
:) So, byacc and yacc are identical (yacc is the default for YACC in make,
:) as it used to be the case on Unix), bison is an additional package.

Ok. I'll leave the YACC=byacc line for now. We can remove it once the
grammar is bison friendly.

The only other change I'm not happy about (kludge) in the patch is
having to explicitly make the config_gram.c and lexer.c files in the
depend rule. I couldn't get those files to be automagically generated.
Putting that command in the depend rule is a hack to get those files
built. If it can be removed, I'm all ears.

I've committed it.

Ted