RE: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:52:39 -0600

This is what I was talking about: Your comment above suggests that I "try out
git and load [your] repo". The focus is on the VCS (git), than on the changes
you made to the actual project. I would rather you be more excited about the
simulavrxx changes and willing to get me to try them in any way possible,
rather than the constant refrain of "try out git, try out git". I don't care
about git. It works great for Linux. That doesn't make it the VCS for everyone
or every project. Git solves a problem that we don't have, and it has a high
learning curve to boot. Subversion works just fine for this small of a project.

Tell you what: You use the Savannah form to request membership to the project
and Joerg and I will make you an admin in heartbeat and you can do whatever you
want to this project and include whomever you want on this project.

That way we can stop this conversation.