Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 07:19:59 +0100

As Onno Kortmann wrote:

> - both Thomas and I get the permission to freely change and develop
> on HEAD. This may include big and incomplete changes. Things will
> break.

Btw., that nevertheless doesn't mean you should attempt to discuss
large-scale changes on the mailing list first, and if someone
disagrees with intended changes, resolve the differences before
committing (if possible).

There are more developers than just you and Thomas, and it's a public
project in some way, so there's usually a "silent mass" of people who
are subscribed to the mailing list just in order to get an idea about
what's going on.  There's normally no reason to discuss development
directions only in private emails rather than in the public even
though I understand that moving discussions to German that way might
be tempting.  Your English is good enough though so you not need to
hide it. ;-)

(There is one nuisance about the mailing list: the admin password
somehow got lost in transitioning the project from Ted Roth to Klaus
Rudolph, and then to those who are aboard now.  I just opened a
Savannah support request to reset it.)