Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:38:33 -0400

In that man page for poll I see the following text:

~       When compiling XPG4.2 source one also has
~       #ifdef _XOPEN_SOURCE
~           #define POLLRDNORM  0x0040    /* Normal data may be read */
~           #define POLLRDBAND  0x0080    /* Priority data may be read */
~           #define POLLWRNORM  0x0100    /* Writing now will not block */
~           #define POLLWRBAND  0x0200    /* Priority data may be
written */
~       #endif

My guess is that David doesn't have this. Klaus, would it be a bad
idea for you to condition your use of POLLRDNORM on _XOPEN_SOURCE? I
don't know the correct solution here....if you need that feature, then
we need to find a solution. I also suspect that it is better for us to
define our own #define for the use of this value, and let configure
determine how whether or not to use it. (for all I know, other systems
also provide/use this value)