Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:20:45 +0200 (MEST)

Hi David,

> I tried to build manually, but got the same errors. I tried changing
> the order, but was unable to fix it. I am afraid that I am very
> inexperienced with complicated compiler flags, so I may be missing some
> opportunities. Any suggestions welcome!

Sorry, I have no idea in the moment. If you could give me a user account
on your machine I maybe could watch out for the problem?

> I then found libc.a in /usr/local/avr/lib, and tried nm on it, and got:
> nm: archive: /usr/local/avr/lib/libc.a contains no members that are
> object files

:-))) Hey, you build a pc application not an avr application. So you should
link against your system libc not against the avr-libc :-)))
That you link against libbfd for avr means not that this library is avr
code,
in this case it is a OS X native system library which is able to handle
files compiled for avr target. the avr/lib/libc is native avr code! That
will never work.

Maybe this give you another idea how to check for the problem.

Normally we are 10 seconds for a solution. All symbols are resolved, only
one from libc is not bound. That is normally a very small problem.
It would be very helpful if I could access a non priveledged account on
your machine if there is no other solution. Which time zone you live :-)

Have you tried manually linking the system libc?

Another question: Which gcc you use for compilation? We prefer >=3.4.1.

Thanks,
 Klaus

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl