Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Trouble building simulavrxx on Darwin
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:10:40 +0200 (MEST)

> I am trying to build simulavrxx on Mac OS X 10.3.5. I have already
> installed the avr-gcc tools and binutils via fink.
>
> When I run configure, it goes OK for a while, and then I get an error,
> reproduced at the bottom of this post. It complains about not finding
> libbfd.
>
> I have done the following:
> - Looked for libbfd using find, but could not find anything
> - Downloaded the source for binutils, and run make install_libbfd,
> which installed into /usr/local/lib. I then ran configure for
> simulavrxx with --with-bfd-path=/usr/local/lib, but got the same error
>
> Any ideas on what to try now?

Please try the following:

Download the binutils (2.14 or 2.15 I have tested ok).
configure/make as usual, install is not needed in this case.
Simply give the configure from simulavrxx the path you have COMPILED the
binutils for AVR, not the install path. I do not know why this happens,
I hope Bill will look for this problem later.

then unpack simulavrxx and configure with something like:
"--with-bfd-path=/home/xyz/download/binutils-2.14_avr"
then: make, make install.

If this is not working let me know.

I could never test it under mac os x, because there is no mac available :-)
If you have problems, let us know!

Thanks for testing
   Klaus

--