screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:16:57 -0500

    Actually, those are the sorts of things I _can_ commit to.

Well, cool :).

    what I _can't_ commit to is heavy development stuff.

It would be ideal for the maintainer to be a major developer also, but
it's certainly not required.  There are several packages where this is
not the case.  And anyway, having an active package in the GNUniverse is
the best way of acquiring new major developers, and then maintainership
can always be handed off ...

Juergen, you're the current maintainer we have listed (from many years
ago).  So it's really up to you.

Given that you're still working on the project, perhaps it would make
sense for both you and Micah to be co-maintainers?  And Micha too, if
that's desirable for all concerned, that'd be fine.

Thanks,
Karl