screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 03:09:50 +0200

On Jun 12, 08 12:59:46 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> rms and I have been working on updating the official GNU maintainers
> file, and have been unable to reach Jurgen Weigert, who's listed as the
> maintainer of screen.  Jurgen, if you're there, could you please reply
> to me?  (Or if anyone is in touch with him currently, likewise please
> let me know.)

Sorry Karl, for not responding to your earler mail.

> And otherwise, we're looking for a new maintainer.  So if you are
> interested in taking care of screen going forward, please write me and
> we can discuss.

Frankly, I'd opt for finding a new maintainer. My time on screen is
too limited to do any good. Micha is developing new features at a steady
pace, but also under limited time.
I believe we'd need someone to tend to bug reports, consoldiate patches
into some git or svn and care for regular releases.

Micha, am I beyond the point?

        cheers,
                Jw.

--