screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen maintainer?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:00:30 +0200

Karl, your input is appreciated on this.

On Jun 12, 08 11:02:47 -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:

> Hm, just to be clear, I was speaking of myself when I spoke of a
> "vice-maintainer"; you'll still need to find someone to be the "real"
> maintainer,

Agreed, welcome fellow Vice-Maintainer :-)
I've flicked a few switches on https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/screen/
you should feel more comfortable there now.

Can you help us finding additional staff?
You mentioned that you were successful on that with wget, so ...

> I think, unless that would be help enough to allow you to
> remain in that role; there will at least need to be someone else to take
> on most of the actual development stuff.

We have a decent backlock of bugs and patches filed at savannah.
Working on these alone, plus some VCS is an appreciated step forward.

With regard to the 'need of a new maintainer',
I cannot comprehensivly describe what exactly is needed.
I am just happy, a helping hand spoke up and whould like to offer to you:
"Do as much as you like, or as little as you can do".
Screen is a leaf project. So unless a security-issue comes our way,
I believe we are free to remain in the "as much or as little" mode.

Let us ask Karl to comment on this.

        cheers,
                Jw.

--