[Protux-devel] Wrong concept in MJMB

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Protux-devel] Wrong concept in MJMB
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:40:55 +0200

Hello Luciano,

I tried to work on MJMB to see if I could get it to work, but there seems a
wrong concept in Jmb::connect_action_to_slot()

There, we actually connect an action (==actionId) to a context.
For an actionId the associated context is stored in the
contextArray[actionId], afterwards the slot is set to the context and not to
the actionId !!!!

So if there are more actions for one context, the last set slot of a context
will always be used.

Do we need a Jmb:actionId object, were we can store the slot object?

Then there's is still one problem with this approach, only one slot can be
combined with a actionId, so this is impossible:

Jmb::connect_action_to_slot(300, jmbcGlobal  , JMB_SLOT(Song,drag_edge));
Jmb::connect_action_to_slot(301, jmbcGlobal   , JMB_SLOT(Song,drag_edge));
Jmb::connect_action_to_slot(302, jmbcGlobal   , JMB_SLOT(Song,drag_edge));
Jmb::connect_action_to_slot(303, jmbcGlobal    , JMB_SLOT(Song,drag_edge));

for example, instead we need to make separate slots for each action, which can
use Song::drag_edge(bla,bla) to do the thing it has to do. This is inevitable
I think. (hopefully I'm using the right word here)

Oh, fixed the globalContext thing in MJMB, but then I got stuck with this
wrong concept :-(
Hope you can help me out ;-)

Best wishes,

Remon