Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 21:14:32 -0300

> Ok for play back, but I think for capturing it would be good to have the
> peak meter integrated into the track panel to keep the focus?!? Another
> helpful feature would be to have the ability to directly change the input
> level using a JMB shortcut from inside Protux. Is this possible?
if I have 4 tracks armed using the same bus in, they will show 4 identical vus,
which is a waste of space and
CPU... just free your mind :-). What you really want is to monitor the input
signal  not the signal in the track...

> So finally I would suggest to leave this (VU meter) as a user option!?!
> And if a user want to have this feature then he just have to enable this in
> global properties. RFC

Everything that is "choiceable" has a CPU cost. In this case, I dont see a good
reason to put the VUs the track panels...

--
Best Regards