Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:06:52 +0200

address@hidden schrieb am 01.10.03 06:38:14:

> > - I thought the trackPanel was meant to have a busMonitor(VU meter) for the
> > bus it is capturing/playing for?
> Not at all. This is a wrong concept on most audio applications IMHO.
> If all signals must pass thru the same bus, why replicate it on several
> trackpanels ?
> One could ask : but what about the level from the track audio itself ? well
> thats why peak images are for.
> Remember that saturated peaks are shown in red, so user must have no vu in
> track panel.

Ok for play back, but I think for capturing it would be good to have the peak
meter integrated into the track panel to keep the focus?!?
Another helpful feature would be to have the ability to directly change the
input level using a JMB shortcut from inside Protux. Is this possible?

So finally I would suggest to leave this (VU meter) as a user option!?!
And if a user want to have this feature then he just have to enable this in
global properties. RFC

greetings
Reinhard