Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] BusMonitor
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:48:08 +0200

> > But how to name the individual Busses? For every card an enumeration for
> > the IN's and OUT's or for ALL Busses one enumeration?
>
> Follow the mustux standard. It separates in and out buses, and use this
> convention (for example)
>
> PLAYBACK BUSES :
> Mustux Bus ID   Descriptor      Bus Name
>   0             hw:0,3          EMU10K1 - 1st OUT (hw:0,3)
>   1             hw:0,0          EMU10K1 - 2nd OUT (hw:0,0)
>   2             hw:1,0          SB16 - 1st OUT (hw:1,0)
>
> CAPTURE BUSES :
> Mustux Bus ID   Descriptor      Bus Name
>   0             hw:0,2          EMU10K1 - 1st IN (hw:0,2)
>   1             hw:0,1          EMU10K1 - 2nd IN (hw:0,1)
>   2             hw:0,0          EMU10K1 - 3rd IN (hw:0,0)
>   3             hw:1,0          SB16 - 1st IN (hw:1,0)
>

> and so on...
Ah, OK. I'll try to get it in the space left (which is nothing *sigh*, 200x100
is really a small area to work with :-( )

> It is really logaritmic: Maximum level is 0dB and minimum is -infinite. I
> have the formula, but I dont know where I put, I will get and send to you
> ASAP.
I probably have allready the formula, as I've made everything with the 10Log
logarithmic.

Well, I simply upload the whole thing, then you can see..... and burst into
tears..... :-P

Greets,

Remon