Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] address book

From: heiko . schwarzenberg
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] address book
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:01:23 +0200

On 16 Apr 2002 at 9:14, Peter Moulding wrote:

> I agree with the need to expand the address book. My own preference is
> to adopt the parent child system used in some other phpgw tables.
>
> Let us enter companies as parents and people as children of the company
> entries. If a person needs departments, they can add the departments as
> the children and people as grandchildren.
>
> This would allow any structure without additional tables.
>
> Peter

i have exactly done this separation into organizations and individuals. i used
the exsting
addressbook as basis and normalized the table structure.
the next thing i'm working on is a migration tool from the "old" addressbook to
the new one.

the app is already working and it would be great if some of you would test it
and give me their
opinion about it. i only have to fix some major bugs this day and could make it
available this
evening.

heiko