RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro

From: Brian Johnson
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:21:40 -0400

I didn't find the last modification time to be needed

It was fast enough to compare the fields when it had a match

I think I understand your syncing concept (it's a little different than
mine) - you want a modification time for each phpgw record so that you can
check the Palm's last sync time against the record's last modification time
and add/update any records that have changed

Don't forget to compensate for sync's that are interupted

How will you handle letting the user control what gets sync'd (ie
categories)? - this may prove to be a problem with this sync concept

>In fact, it's the phpgw schema that needs to be modified. phpgw dev?
Anyone?

This relates to some of my previous points - I needed a solution, using SQL
allowed my to go ahead and not wait for anyone else

Realistically, I don't expect anyone to place my needs as a priority - so
this is a solution that works today (mostly works - it lacks a few features
that are essential for me) and it's difficult for code developers to assess
the demand for such features

Ironically, I hope that my solution will gain enough popularity/use that it
will act as the catalyst to create the demand to drive the changes that you
speak of (well, some of the changes - I think some of the program logic will
lead to unnecessary complications - but then, I'm not a programmer so I
could be missing something)