RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] Palm synchro
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:20:01 +0000

>I found it necessary to create a table that had four fields, a sequential id
>number, the record number from phpgw, the corresponding record number from
>the Palm, and the user account ID (for multiuser environment).
>
>I decided that the phpgw database was ideal for these tables (one per
>conduit) - I'm positive that the XMLRPC won't return values for tables you
>have added, so that means you need to write XMLRPC code

I recall at one point such a table being officially made.  There is no question
that syncing can get quite complex.  Are the current XMLRPC functions able to
handle offline storage now or just accessing?  Making an offline client is
going to
have the same demands as palm syncing, mabe some new functions will be needed.