gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz

From: Roger Oberholtzer
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 06:10:11 +0000

From: Gary E. Miller address@hidden

> Why would anyone buy a ten year old GPS model???  New ones are SOO much
> better.

When I posted on the list, there were very few suggestions for a complete
receiver. I went with one on the GPSD hardware list. Which is a bit dated.
There are only a very few listed that provide PPS. And the Garmin 18+ is one of
them. Quick availability in Sweden was another factor. Seems that the guys who
want this decided that they had to have a unit to test with installed and ready
the week before they asked us...

--
Roger Oberholtzer