gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz

From: Doug Robinson
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Garmin 18X-5Hz
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 14:39:52 +0000

Well after the demise of the Garmin that resides on the stern rail of my boat, I concur with the assessment.  Next GPS will be internal to the radio installation.  Of course we're more interested in where we are, than what time it is, but bumping into things can have serious consequences.

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016, 10:24 AM Roger Oberholtzer <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12 Aug 2016, at 20:31, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why would anyone buy a ten year old GPS model???  New ones are SOO much
> better.

We want PPS as well as NMEA. Not many receivers were suggested in my recent question to the list. This is a new type of GPS for us. We have always used high-end Trimble, Applanix or OxTS devices. I can't say we are excited by the Garmin devices. Other suggestions are welcome.