Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:07:29 -0400

    I do not agree Richard. Having the Hurd is essential in that a)
    it would be a GPLv3 project thus protecting user freedom and
    avoiding tivoization and b) would be a GNU (project and kernel)
    and thus would give some guaranties about project quality and
    future.

The thing is, as long as Linux is available and attractive, those that
want to tivoize will be able to do it usinmg Linux as the kernel.
Thus, we cannot prevent tivoization just by protecting the Hurd.