Re: about GNU Hurd

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:30:00 +0530

> On 8/28/07, Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given the fact I do not like working for /dev/null, I stopped to
> mirror anything. By the way, it would be really cool and indeed,
> helps a lot, to dispose of a *real* and *alive* web page so that
> any user or interested people could see what's the current status
> of the GNU. Currently, there is absolutely no (easy) way to
> access to this information.

Thomas Schwinge just created a new Hurd-wiki. I think it will help.

> Why the FSF or the GNU project does not designate a project
> leader ? Why is there no visibility on this project for any
> external eye ? What about an official *up to date* website (with
> all needed informations to attract new hackers) ? ...

I also think so. to me it seems like Hurd not important to GNU
Project, so i stopped reading Hurd User Guide and playing with Hurd on
Qemu. it is pretty much experience of mine that Hurd has
organizational problems and till then they are solved it will not make
any difference to work on technical side. A decade has passed and Hurd
is still an experimental infant :( without any direction where to go
and where to not

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/