Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Mirrors and remote repositories...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:41:38 -0500

In lists.arch.users, you wrote:

>>> No, you're reading it right, mirrors are read-only. However, you can
>>> have another archive on your laptop, a local archive, from which you
>>> can
>>> merge back to the remote one whenever you want.
>>
>> In my opinion, a "commit" against a mirror should be automatically
>> redirected to the mirrored repository.  Would that be hard to do?
>
> I would like that too. Personally, I think that this structure:
>
> remote archive
>     mirror of remote archive
>        personal archive
>           working directory

I do something close to this by using hooks:

==< A snippit from my hook file:
if [ -e /home/jblack/NOHOOK ]; then
    echo "Not hooking because of NOHOOK";
    exit 0;
fi

case "$1" in
  commit)
    case "$ARCH_ARCHIVE" in
      address@hidden)
        tla archive-mirror address@hidden
    esac
  ;;
esac

My hook file is actually a bit more complicated than that... for
example, on websites I have in arch, part of my hook actually ssh-es to
another machine and automatically replays.

--
James Blackwell      Using I.T. to bring more             570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix      business to your business     http://inframix.com