Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:34:16 -0500

Tom Lord wrote:
    > From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>

    > Unrelated: why does tla use

    >     emacs/emacs--cvs-trunk/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

    > rather than

    >     emacs/cvs-trunk-/0-

    > where the terminal `-' is just there for the case where the branch or
    > version is the empty string (some other trick could be used, obviously,
    > e.g. not add anything but replace the empty string with `=').

You really want to know?  I vaguely recall starting it off along those
lines but changing it after hours or days because the current format
was easier to navigate around while debugging. (Getting the archive
transactions working was one of the first big tasks.)

If that convention isn't useful anymore, that's a pity. I still want to hand-edit archives or revision libraries on occasion, and I end up relying too heavily on shell completion to type the names.

For archives, I can understand incompatible changes aren't happening any time soon. Would changes to the revlib structure be permissible?

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Manager of Information Technology