Re: [emacs-bidi] Unicode Bidi

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Unicode Bidi
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:40:25 +0330 (IRT)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> But it doesn't define what the logical
> order is, at least not in the quotations you show above.

I do not have the book at hand. I will try to look at it when I got to
office. But I believe that it defines the logical order as the order the
user types it on the keyboard, as you say.

But by quoting that section, I only wanted to tell that the standard body
knew about the problem of defining it that way. And that it somehow wanted
to make it less strict by applying that only to memory presentation.

Thank you very much for all your comments. Bidi editor behaviour is
probably the most problematic area in bidi processing, and that may have
been the same reason the Unicode has avoided getting into it.

--roozbeh