[emacs-bidi] Unicode Bidi

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Unicode Bidi
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:22:01 +0330 (IRT)

I was just reading the UTR9 and found that it agrees with my definition of
"logical". Section "3.12" tells:

        The Unicode Standard prescribes a /memory/ representation order
        known as logical order.

and later,

        This allows exact control of the display ordering for legible
        interchange and also ensures that plain text used for simple items
        like filenames or labels can always be correctly ordered for
        display.

So it has to do nothing with the typing order, it's all about
interchangablity of text. (Although it's also recommending a logical
buffer for memory.)

--roozbeh