Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:00:20 +0200

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:56:13 +0330 (IRT),
Roozbeh Pournader <address@hidden> wrote:

> And finally about Linux, would you tell me which parts of it you mean?

I'm not involved in Hebrew on Linux (since almost all of my work is with
servers, not desktops) but Tzafrir Cohen <address@hidden> is
very active with the Hebrew support in many Linux applications. May be
he can update us on the bidi status of such applications (KDE2, GNOME,
gtk and more). From what I read all those are implementing the UNICODE
algorithms and UTR9 for bidi management (although they have some, very
little, discussions of its pitfalls).

Ehud.

--
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency