adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Fonts....

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Fonts....
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:47:39 +0200

On Thu, 02 May 2002 10:53:06 +0000 cirrus wrote:

> Does the new font system display text with a shadow, like we had
> before?  I guess it's just a matter of drawing the text twice,  once
> black and once in a colour above but with a slight offset.
>
> Also can anyone recommend some TTF creating software (preferably free)
> - perhaps I could someday make a custom font. I'd also like it for
> some personal projects.

I had some TTF software once, but I can't remember whether it was free-
or shareware. Can't remember the name either. Was a windows tool though.
Not sure if something like this is available for Linux.

However, a custom font would be pretty cool, although it will mean a lot
of work to include all special characters for the various central
european countries. Then there are other character sets that require a
completely different font.

Kai