adonthell-general

[Adonthell-general] UTF-8 Plan

From: Josh Glover
Subject: [Adonthell-general] UTF-8 Plan
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 19:20:43 -0400

Guys,

I am thinking of forking off 0.3.2 and adding UTF-8 support to make sure I know what I am doing, then folding the working code back into the main tree. Sound reasonable?

Also, we need Unicode support in the dialogue engine only, or the map engine as well? In short, what parts of the Adonthell engine display text to the user.

Are we using standard TTFs, or still our own Waste's Edge font? Making a Unicode TTF will be non-trivial, I am afraid, so handling standard TTFs might be a good idea.

-Josh