adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Windoze
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 20:30:23 +0200

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 02:39:38PM +0200, Alexandre Courbot wrote:
> > I downloaded the win port of wastes edge at a friends house , where it
> > worked just fine (I' m really impressed!), then I burned it on cd and it
> > did not work on any of the two win pc's I have at home. When I start it a
> > window opens, but it only displays a black background, nothing else. Any
> > ideas what might be wrong? Nils!
>
> Just experienced the same on a XP machine here. You must be running your
> display in 32bpp. Switching to 16bpp fixes the problem. Could you report
> whether it works and also try in 24bpp if possible?

We have Win2k here, and it works fine under 16-Bit and not at all under 32-Bit.
24-Bit does work, but the starting animation is kinda slow and map movement is
an eye strain because it flickers slightly.

I finished Wastes Edge today btw. The ending is really great, apart from my
Alek-running anim, you can really see it was last minute work... ;)
One thing though: The travelling animation (ALek in the woods) was quite slow
at parts, it didn't run as smooth as the one in the intro sequence.

BEN