adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-general]

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-general] Re: [Adonthell-general] Way OT: Comment Poser Les Questions De Manière Intelligente
Date: 01 May 2002 18:22:29 +0200

> > Good idea! At least the translation work would eventually start ;p
> > As for Japanese, with a Japanese TT font this won't be a problem. But
> > the old window system (and the dialog system as well, I think) doesn't
> > support multi-byte encodings. So UTF-8 is out of the question for now I
> > fear. On the other hand, a 8 bits Hiragana only encoding should do it.
>
> Hmm... for a start. But I really want full-out Japanese (kanji with
> okurigana,
> hiragana particles and such, and the necessary (to an RPG) katakana) so I
> don't
> have to struggle through reading hiragana.

For 0.4 and later, I suggest we use UTF-8. Python fully support it, and
it shouldn't be a pain to add support with the GUI, as we'll use TT
fonts.

> > And I'd be able to practise a bit too in these conditions ;p
>
> Renshuu desuka? Nihongo wo benkyou shite imasuka?

Watashi wa Nihongo wo shuugaku - but just a little bit ;) Nihongo no
watashi wa amari yoku arimasen (not even sure it makes sense... >_<)

Well, anyway - UTF-8 would be fine ;)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org