adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] UTF-8 Plan

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] UTF-8 Plan
Date: 02 May 2002 11:50:10 +0200

> About the new GUI, TTF is supported so no problem for
> the futur ...
> But for 0.3 i must change some code on label.*
> label_input.* and win_font.*, i think it can be done
> for the beginning of the next week. After this
> modification you change some script, because we need
> with TTF to setup font size and color.

What we'd need too is UTF-8 (unicode) support (to the new window system,
not the old one). You said you'd think about it, so maybe it'd be worth
to check what would be required for this. We could speak about it during
the IRC meeting.

> Alex, can you tell me if old input system support
> unicode ???

Uh, somehow. But I wouldn't rely on it, if I were you.

Having real Unicode support imply having a GUI that can display it. As
we'll use TT fonts, it will be greatly simplified. But I suppose this
will need a bit of documentation to be well implemented - and 0.3 will
probably not support it before the new GUI is backported to it.

Jol, if you want we discuss more accurately about this, feel free to
contact me privately (and in French ;))

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org