Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:07:34 +0200

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:41:06 +0200 Kai Sterker wrote:

> There is the Free Translation Project. Have a look into the ABOUT-NLS
> file or at their website: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/
> Perhaps they'd be interested in doing some translations.

The most interesting bit seems to be
        http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/maintainers.html

>From what I understood, you may submit your .pot file and everything
else is taken care of by them. Which, to tell the truth, is quite nice,
as we have to take care of enough other things already :). I'm not sure
how they'll react when seeing the wastesedge.pot as it's probably larger
than the ones they usually get. I hope they'll take it as a welcome
change from translating stupid error messages and the like.

If nobody has any objections, I could send them our potfile. Probably
tomorrow, as it requires uploading the whole wastesedge package to a
place where they can get it, and I cant do this at home.

We also need to decide if we want a disclamer from the translators
stating that their translation will stay free. If we want that (and I'm
for it) only translators that sent such a disclamer to the FSF may work
on our .pot file. That doesn't require any further actions from us, but
will give us some additional safety.

Anyway, we need not rush this. Let's here what the others say first. Do
you also have the impression that we currently have the ML for us alone,
Alex? ;)