Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update
Date: 14 Apr 2002 17:01:30 +0200

> Hm. I don't think it is _that_ bad. For one you upload the program
> somewhere so they can have a look at it (and possibly run it too if they
> are serious). And I imagine that most people willing to print out a form
> and snail-mail it to the FSF are serious. So I expect the quality of the
> translators there to be pretty good.
> [....]
> But if they are good indeed, it'll save us a lot of work, which is a
> very good thing I think. We are desperately searching for people that
> can do some work on their own and with their own responsibility. The TP
> does exactly that. Don't be afraid of losing control. We still control
> the result. And if we don't like it ...

Makes sense. It doesn't cost much to try anyway, as you said. What is
ennoying to me is that their way to work is far from being collaborative
(nothing's worth a good CVS where several translators can work on the
same file translation, especially for huge pots like Waste's Edge), but,
hey, let's give them a chance. My mail sounded like I didn't like them
already! :) And anyway, we'll probably have issues finding other people
for such a non-well known version as Waste's Edge.

So if no one complains, let's do as you said!

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org