Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Data update
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:41:06 +0200

On 14 Apr 2002 14:09:47 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Outstanding! It worked fine now, and as fine as you. ./configure,
> make, make install, run the game, and I play in French. Just as
> simple. Gettext will have a very good rank in my rule-o-meter! :)

'make dist' and 'make clean' work as well. And I am almost certain that
any RPM's will automatically contain the translations, as they are in
the data directory. I imagine this works for the Debian package as well.

> It might be wise to search for a place where we could ask for
> translators. I'm ok for making the French translation, but as I said
> time spent translating is time lost for programming. Moreover, as
> nearly every single software I run is translated in French, it seems
> that translators are quite easy to find. If there is a central place
> for this, we should ask. I guess Waste's Edge would interest plenty of
> people!

There is the Free Translation Project. Have a look into the ABOUT-NLS
file or at their website: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/
Perhaps they'd be interested in doing some translations.